Maintenance at LUSEM
MAJOR maintenance and renovations
The School of Economics and Management has premises with various property owners. At different times, the properties undergo maintenance and renovation work. Check this page for updates about completed, ongoing and future work. You can also find general information in he first part on this page.
Latest information, updated 2021-12-17:
Cables for computers, screens and electricity
Further reading below
In many offices, cables for computers, screens and electricity are located directly on the floor. Our cleaning staff kindly ask you to not leave them on the floor since this makes the cleaning very difficult. We can all help our cleaning staff to simplify the cleaning job by collecting cables and attaching them to cable channels that are often attached to our desks. Cable ties to collect cables are available outside the janitor's office.
EC1, EC2 and EC3
Premises owned by Statens Fastighetsverk/National Property Board Sweden.
- Fire alarm audit in EC1, EC2 and EC3
On 28 December, a full fire alarm audit will be carried out in EC1, EC2 and EC3. Speakers will be checked as well as various fire alarm controls such as lighting, windows and door sections. The fire alarm will be turned on for a long time, and back and forth several times. Please work from home on this day, if possible.
- Parking space disappears
Parking between EC2 and Alfa 1 is likely to close in 2022. There are about 170 places that disappear as the area will become housing for students and researchers. Lund University will not replace lost places with new ones. LU employees are asked to park in the LTH E-building parking lot on the opposite side of Ole Römers väg.
- Akademiska Hus is building
Akademiska Hus is building homes according to the plans that now exist for 600 homes in Cassiopeia. Read more about the project at Akademiska hus.
Akademiska Hus will also launch a housing form called shared accommodation. Read more about this at urban.lu.se
- EC 1-3: Washing and painting work of wood paneling, eaves, downpipes, gutters and external window sills.
- EC 2: Classrooms with floor-based supply air diffusers. New supply air diffusers have been placed in the ceiling.
- New entrance doors to Alfa 1
During week 43 (25 – 29 October), Alfa 1 got new external entrance doors at all four entrances.
Ideon Alfa 1, 5 and 6
Premises owned by Wihlborgs AB.
COMPLETED, ALFA 1:
- New tiles have been put up in the majority of toilets.
- Comfort cooling is installed in fan units.
- Lightning: Replacement work finished on Floor 0 (basement) and on the 1st floor.
IN PROGRESS, ALFA 1:
- Replacing lightning on the 2nd floor (EKH): 18 October–5 November
- Replacing lightning on the 3rd floor (FEK): 8 November–26 November
- Replacing lightning on the 4th floor (NEK/Agrifood): 29 November–17 December
- Replacing lightning in Offices: Existing lighting is changed to new LED luminaires. The change can be made in less than an hour.
- Replacing lightning in Corridors and meeting rooms: Existing luminaires are replaced with new LED luminaires. Some parts of the ceiling must be supplemented. Luminaires need to be programmed.
- Ventilation work* 11 October–26 October.
*Ventilation work is carried out at all ventilation installations and affects the entire property, on all floors. All fans will be equipped with new cooling batteries for a better climate during heating periods. The ventilation fans have to be stopped now and then during this work, which can cause a feeling of bad air.
(All dates are preliminary.)