The Higher Education Ordinance (HEO Chapter 6 Section 29) states that:
“An individual study plan shall be drawn up for each doctoral student. This plan shall contain the undertakings made by the doctoral student and the higher education institution and a timetable for the doctoral student's study programme. The plan shall be adopted after consultation with the doctoral student and his or her supervisors.”
Regulations for third cycle studies at the School of Economics and Management state that an individual study plan is to include:
- name, personal identity number, address
- research studies subject
- date of admission
- intended degree with title
- general annual schedule for the programme, courses completed, thesis work completed, estimated date for the public defence of the thesis, departmental duties
- maintenance plan for the estimated period of study
- details of the supervisor and assistant supervisor as well as the extent of the supervision
The ISP system
The ISP system is a web-based system for managing the individual study plans. The individual study plan is established and revised by the main supervisor and the PhD student, reviewed and approved by the Director of PhD studies, and finalized by the Head of Department.
PhD students are automatically granted access to the ISP system upon admission. The authorisation for supervisors, Directors of PhD studies and Heads of Department to access the system is established by the ISP administrator at each department (see menu to the right).
Log in to the ISP system: