Requirements and guidelines
Here you find information on some of the demands from the Swedish state and funders placed on you as a researcher.
If your research data contain personal data you need to consider certain laws, such as registration of personal data processing and informed consent. All processing of personal data is regulated in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). All handling of personal data must be registered in Personal Data Lund University (PULU).
- Personal data and data protection on Lund University Staff Pages
- Registration of personal data processing on Lund University Staff Pages
- Research material with personal data on SND webpage
For questions about personal data and data protection please contact the Data Protection Officer at Lund University: email@example.com
At LUSEM there are several centers and groups working with research data management. The Center for Economic Demography deal with personal data, such as register data, and with issues regarding GDPR compliance in relation to research data.
If you have questions regarding research using individual-level data linked with registers you can contact LUPOP (Lund University Population Research Platform). LUPOP is an open resource available for all researchers at Lund University.
If your planned research involves people or the processing of personal data you may need to seek ethical approval from the Swedish Ethical Review Authority.
- Research ethics and ethical review on LU Staff Pages
- The Swedish Ethical Review Authority webpage (In Swedish)
The University is subject to the Swedish Archives Act which specifies how archiving of research data shall be managed. The research at Lund University is a public authority activity, and the documents produced in the research, therefore, belong to the University and need to be archived.
Funders are increasingly placing demands on research data management, for example regarding data management plans and for data to be accessible. Below you find links to requirements from some of the largest Swedish and international funders.
- Swedish Research Council (Vetenskapsrådet) about Open access to research data
- Swedish Research Council (Vetenskapsrådet) about data management plan
- Riksbankens jubileumsfond about open access to research data
- Formas about open access to research data
- Forte about open access to research data and data management plan
- European Commission, Horizon 2020 about open research and data management plan