The scholarships given by the Corporate Partnership Foundation concern:
- Travel expenses in connection with international scientific and pedagogical conferences in order to present one’s own paper or take an active part in another way.
- Travel expenses in connection to exchange with universities in other countries, with the aim to support professional development at Lund University School of Economics and Management (LUSEM). Exchanges of best practice in the specific areas of research and teaching will be given priority.
- The scholarship does not include subsistence allowance. The least expensive form of travel must be used.
- Teachers at the Lund University School of Economics and Management who are employed by the School at the time of applying and at the time of the travel. Doctoral students and research engineers are not included.
If the amount applied for exceeds the available resources, a maximum scholarship amount is defined.* The following priorities will be used, in the following order:
- Applicants intending to present a paper at a conference, scientific or pedagogic.
- Exchange within the areas of research and/or teaching.
If required, the applications will be ranked within the priority criteria using the following principles, in this order:
- A person will not be granted funds for more than one trip.
- An applicant who has not been granted funds in previous rounds will be given priority over applicants who previously have been granted funds.*
The Scholarship Committee will define the criteria marked * when deciding upon the scholarships.
The application must include the following:
- The aim of the trip.
- An account of the applicant’s activities.
- An estimation of the costs (conference fee, travel expenses, accommodation expenses and other possible expenses).
- The invitation from the organiser of the conference/foreign universities must be attached to the application. If the information from the organiser has yet not been received when the application period has come to end, the applicant has to state when the decision is expected. The funds will not be paid until the applicant has received the confirmation.
- Which department the applicant belongs to.
The application deadline for the scholarships given by Corporate Partnership Foundation is:
- In April (for arrangements May–September)
- In September (for arrangements October–April)
The exact date will be stated in the current announcement.
The granted scholarship will be e-mailed to all applicants approximately one week after the Scholarship Committee meeting.
The payment is made on request and on condition that the documentation (see below) is handed in afterwards. The confirmation of the attendance must be handed in with the request unless it has been done in connection with the application.
For disbursement of the scholarship given by the Corporate Partnership Foundation the scholarship receiver must supply the following information to the Corporate Partnership Foundation, P.O. Box 7080, 220 07 Lund (pick-up point 10).
- Bank account (including clearing number and the name of the bank) to which the payment should be made.
- The date when the scholarship should be paid.
On completion of the trip/conference, a brief summary should be sent to the Corporate Partnership Foundation, pick-up point 10, together with a specified report stating how the grant has been spent. Receipts to verify expenses must be enclosed.
/Revised 8 October 2018