department of informatics
The administration strives for high quality work and to provide students, teachers and researchers with high professional service. The administrative staff's functions and responsibilities are presented on this page.
Department administrator – Carla Böhme
- General department service and administration.
- Staffing the department's administrator's office (expedition).
- Registers student's results in Ladok.
- Administrates written examinations and manages the invigilators.
- Administrates the Staff Calendar and and book venues for meetings.
- HR administrator
- Personnel matters such as salary and vacation questions.
- Reporting of timesheets.
- Reporting of travel expenses for guests.
- Purchasing – orders for example books, office supply, and so on. Note that you have to get all purchases approved by the Head of the department Nicklas Holmberg in advance.
- Travel and hotel bookings.
- Welcoming and supporting guests.
- Programme coordinator for the PhD programme
- Records PhD student's results and credit transfers in Ladok.
- Administrates PhD courses and admission.
- Coordinates thesis defences and seminars.
- Administrates programme pages in Canvas.
- Board secretary – for instructions regarding proposals and meeting dates see the Department board page.
- Administrates the department's web pages, staff pages, social media and the entrance TV screen.
- Registrar – record keeping and archiving.
- Manages the coffee machine, printers, fruit basket, bicycles, friday breakfast and meeting "fikas", etc.
Study administrator – Anna Holmes
- Programme coordinator for the MSc programme
- Coordinates introduction, graduation, alumni and career event and meetings.
- Guides students on the programme and on courses at advanced level.
- Administrates course elections on the programme.
- Monitors student results.
- Information about the programme.
- Administrates students and courses in Ladok.
- Administrates course schedules in TimeEdit.
- Administrates courses in Canvas.
- Administrates student theses in Ladok and LUP.
- Responsible for pedagogical student support.
- Administrates course syllabus and literature lists.
- Represents the department on LUSEM's education fairs and manges the annual event for study advisors.
- Responsible for archiving study material.
- Coordinates connections to industry.
Study advisor – Viktoria Svenby
- Study advisor
- Guides students at basic level education.
- Represents the department on LUSEM's education fairs.
- Programme coordinator for the BSc programme
- Coordinates introduction, graduation, meetings and alumni.
- Guides students on the programme.
- Monitors student results and give students support and study plans when needed.
- Administrates crediting of courses.
- Information about the programme.
- Part of programme counsil.
- Administrates course evaluations and publishes course evaluation summaries.
- Administrates admissions and checks applicants eligibility.
- Education coordinator at faculty level
- Coordinates LUSEM's study administrative routines and calendar.
- Documents administrative procedures at LUSEM.
- Manage pages on LUSEM Staff Pages.
- Represents LUSEM in networks regarding education and quality assurance.
- Collects and archives quality documents at LUSEM.
- Manages network for administrators regarding course evaluation at LUSEM.
Financial officer – vacant
- Responsible for budget and balancing and take care of invoices, travel reports, project reports, etc.
Accounting and bookkeeping.
Budgeting, forecasting and financial statements.
Accounting and managing research funds for projects.
Supplier and customer invoices.
Investigation account and accruals.
Reviewing travel reports and expense accounts.
Administrating new recruitments in Primula.
Coordinator – Linda Öberg
- Head of administration
- Managing the administrative activities and is responsible for the quality, efficiency, legal certainty and development of the administrative processes.
- Responsible for the administrative staff and plans and distributes the work.
- Drives management issues within the department, particularly in the areas of education, regulations and governance.
- Acts as management support for the head of department and the department board.
- Convenes and part of the management team and the work environment group.
- Administrative director of studies
- Responsible for the department's educational duty ("utbildningsuppdrag"), i.e. planning of study seats, admission numbers, and admission from waiting lists.
- Administrates courses in Lubas.
- Manages the admission to the MSc programme.
- Manages the department's web pages, staff pages and the department team at MS Teams.
- Education coordinator at LUSEM's dean's office
- Administrates programme curriculumns and manages the process for revision of programmes
- Administrates scholarships
- Coordinates and represents LUSEM regarding study administrative systems (e.g. Lubas, Ubas, Ladok, NyA).